Background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thrift Thursday (Take 2)

My "little" brother Jon and I on Easter.
The sweater was also my Grandma's.
FROM MY GRANDMOTHER'S CLOSET
 
On Easter Sunday I wore one of my favorite dresses which I wear often in the summer. When my Grandma Rosemary saw me she said "I like your dress" to which I responded "Thanks, $700 but worth every penny!" She shook her head and laughed. You see, it was her dress from her youth. She saved it and 8 years ago when I found it hiding in a box, I fell in love.

I love the feminine flowers, bright colors, and cuffed sweetheart neckline. I love the length and flowy nature of the skirt. I love the high waist line seam which flatters my childbearing figure. My favorite feature however is the pocket on the right hip! I know pockets are more common now in dresses, but years ago when I started wearing this dress, it wasn't so and regardless, I still think it is awesome.

One day, I may outgrow this dress; either by size or age. When that day comes perhaps I will have a daughter who will fall in love with it too. This dress spans decades and generations and I feel blessed that my grandmother took such good care of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment