Background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Call to Arms

There is so much I want to blog about right now...
I have so many half written posts and half formed ideas,
but this week has left me exhausted.
I am so blessed and life is great
but the evil one is prowling.
I can hear his breath.
He is trying to break me.

I am so weak
and so I must cling tight
to the Eucharist in adoration,
to confession,
to my rosary,
to Mass,
to prayer.
Because dear sweet Jesus is strong,
my guardian angel is by my side,
St. Michael is waiting for the word to strike
and the devil doesn't stand a chance.

I am no novice to this battle,
I carry the scars of years.
It's been quiet for a few
and God has kept the evil one at bay
whist I adjusted to my new role as a mother.
But now, now the honeymoon has ended.
God is calling me to battle
I must grow in humility, obedience, and gentleness.
They are my shield.
I must return to fasting, penance, and mortification.
They are my sword.

St. Gemma, show me the way.



"Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of justice, And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace: In all things taking the shield of faith, wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. And take unto you the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God). By all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the spirit; and in the same watching with all instance and supplication for all the saints..." Ephesians 6





1 comment:

  1. I have been fighting off spiritual attacks lately, too. I despise them...but like you said, with God and His army, the devil doesn't stand a chance! Very beautifully written and inspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete