Background

Monday, November 15, 2010

Bring me my weapon!!

I keep one in my purse.

One under my pillow.
One in my pocket.
One in my car.
Sometimes I have one around my wrist.

I love the Rosary.

Over the years, this once monotonous prayer has become for me, a life line, a saving grace. "Blessed be that monotony of Hail Mary's which purifies the monotony of your sins!" -St. Josemaria Escriva

It is my every occasion prayer.  When I am sad, it comforts me.  When I am scared, it makes me feel safe.  When I am happy, Heaven rejoices with me!  I actually like that the Rosary is repetitive, and that I can reflect on the life of Christ while saying it, but it is so much more than even that.  When I pray the Rosary, I feel as if all of Heaven is at my finger tips.  There is such power in this beautiful prayer. 

A Dominican professor in Rome said "Our Blessed Lady made known to St. Dominic a kind of preaching till then unknown; which she said would be one of the most powerful weapons against future errors and in future difficulties."  Our Lady of Fatima said the if we prayed the Rosary daily, then there would be peace, in our families and in our world.

The other day I said to Geoffrey, "We really need to make sure we pray the Rosary every day, for the sake of our family."  He replied, "I do say it every day at work."  How blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband!  It was a smack over the head though because I do not hold up my end of the bargain.  Daily Rosary is a must, I know this.  I love the prayer so it isn't hard, yet how often does my daily Rosary end before the first mystery because I fell asleep?  Too often.  "But when will I find the time??" my brain screams. Um, how about the 25 min. drive to work and back most days?  How about the at least 15 mins. I spend nursing Dominic every 2 hours?  Not to mention the time I spend holding and playing with Dominic.  You are never too young to start praying the Rosary right?  Oh, there is plenty of time, thus I declare war on "putting it off."

Sweet Lady of the Rosary, pray for me.  I hope to spend a lot more time with you...

1 comment:

  1. I love it: war on "putting it off". It is so true that there is tons of time every day to spend in prayer, and I usually spend it thinking about the TV show I watched the night before or something stupid like that! Well, now mostly I spend it gazing at the baby, but you know what I mean. Will be fighting the fight with you :)

    ReplyDelete