Background

Friday, November 19, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol 2)

**1**
This has been a very exciting week!  4 friends of mine had 4 baby boys!  All of them good Catholic families so I'm thinking we must need some priests in about 20 yrs! Congrats to the Higham, Sifuentes, Marchese, and Eurke families!!

**2**
We got our carpet put in on Tuesday.  This was the last major thing that needed to be done in our house before moving in (other than the blessing).  Thanks Chris for the great house-warming gift!  It is beautiful and oh so comfy!!  And of course, like anyone would, the first thing I did was take a nap on it, and followed that with a little detailing:

 









**3**
Now that the carpet is in, Fr. L. is coming to bless our house tomorrow!  I'm very excited.  After all the hard work, this is really the most important thing to do before moving in. 

**4**
Got a lot of other little projects done at the house today; lined two cabinets with contact paper and re-covered two more dining room chairs.  These are two little jobs that took way too much time.

**5**
Last night I woke up to a weird vertigo spell.  For about an hour, everything felt really weird and was spinning.  None of that was as bad as the dreams that followed though.  I dreamt that I had to have surgery to fix the problem.  I got to the hospital and looked at my belly to see a giant worm moving around inside of me!  Yuck!  Apparently I got the worm while going to a chocolate tasting (much like when people go to wine tastings).  Don't worry, they got it out and I was fine.  This morning when I woke up, I still felt kinda weird and "fuzzy" but now I feel fine.  All I can hear in my head is Arnold saying "It's not a tumor!"

**6**
Next week is Thanksgiving!!  I love this time of year.  I love spending time with family, and focusing on all the blessings I have in my life, but to be honest, mostly I love to eat!  So, roast the turkey and mash the taters, because I is hungry.

**7**
It is Harry Potter day and I am happy, because it is part one of the end.  The key being the end.  I will be happy when it is over and I never have to hear about it again.  I know everyone loves it, but it just isn't my thing.  All you who do love it, I hope you enjoy the movie. ;)

2 comments:

  1. so exciting about your house--do you have an official move-in date?

    yay for thanksgiving!. how can you not love this time of year? i am hoping my mom and i can make a mini t-day meal next week. i think too many dishes will be too much work for just the 4 of us, but we can't go without anything special!

    and lol about you and HP. Gus doesn't want to see this one till he has seen the rest, so Jon and i are going to have to wait a bit till we see #7. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our first night in the house is going to be tomorrow night. So excited!!

    I'm glad you are going to have a mini thanksgiving. :) It is just to awesome a holiday to miss.

    ReplyDelete