Background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol 3)


**1**
Happy belated Thanksgiving all!  I had a great one, and boy do I have a lot to be thankful for this year. My loving husband, my cute and precious son, my wonderful Parish and job, my family and friends, and the new roof over my head!  Mostly of course, I am thankful to God for loving me, and continuing to forgive me.

**2**
I was blessed to get two Thanksgiving feasts! The first was at my Aunt and Uncle's on my dad's side and the second is with Geoff's family. The food and company was great, and boy were we exhausted afterwards! Dominic ate lot's oh mashed potatoes and even tried sweet potatoes for the first time.  He loved them. He even got to suck on a turkey bone.  Yum! 

**3**
Continuing with the holiday fun, today was the 4th? annual Ginger Bread House Party! It is a tradition my dear sil, Robyn started a few years back and has become something I really look forward to every year. Last year I was sick so this year has been building up in anticipation for me and let me tell you it did not dissapoint. I was really impressed with everyone's creations. I didn't get to make my own this year, but it was fun to help Dominic make his! Geoffrey so loving described it by saying "it looked like the Statepuff Marshmellow man threwup." I was such a proud mama! ;)  Next year though, watch out all I am back and I'm going for the gold! I better get planning.

**4**
Tomorrow is "fake" Christmas.  (My grandma hates when I call it that so hopefully she doesn't read this.)Since my grandparents go to Arizona every year for the winter, they try to beat the ice and snow and leave at the beginning of Dec. So we always (for the past 5 yrs or so) celebrate Christmas the Sat after Thanksgiving.  It is always such a fun affair with my Uncle Ron and Aunt Tina and their beautiful 8 children, and of course my parents and silbings.  I will miss Corey and Nikki though who flew the coup and moved down south.

**5**
Which gets me to thinking, the past few years Geoff and I got upgraded to the fancy dining room that is only used twice a year, I have a feeling we will get demoted to the kid's table again, but it is well worth it! Bring on the taters and squash! Dominic will make a mess all over Grandma's floor...

**6**
Today of course was also Black Friday and I'm happy to say I did not go shopping, but sent the day relaxing with Dominic. It was awesome. I always feel like I am going here and there and think it is a little much for both of us. But today was great. :)

**7**
It has come to my attention that it is well after midnight and thus no longer Friday.  Oh well it was Friday when I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment