Background

Friday, November 5, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday (Vol 1)

**1**
We have been working on our house for about two months.  No matter how hard we work it just seems to drag on and on.  Now we are so close to being done, I am so very excited but getting worn out.  Hopefully I can muster up enough energy to move and organize. Finishing touches are a must!

**2**
I have to admit today is a little sad, it is Friday and now that it is November and cold all the garage sales are gone!!  What am I to do?  Robyn, (my garage-saleing partner in crime), do you feel my pain?

**3**
Once our house is done I am very excited to do all the decorating.  I have been accumulating stuff from those garage sales and re-sale shops over the past few months (really for years) to put in our house.  I bought fabric to cover our dining room chairs and to make some curtains.  The "finishing touch" I am most excited about though is picking out what pictures to get printed and hang!  There are some many great ones of our family, I could cover a whole house.

**4**
Today is my best friend's (Amy's) due date with their first child.  It as me thinking about the anticipation of the birth of Dominic and my due date back on March 9th.  I remember going to bed on March 8th at 11:30pm wondering if tomorrow would be the day.  I woke up at midnight with the first of my labor pains!  Dominic was born at 6:14 am.  In hindsight, I probably should've gone to bed earlier on the eve of my due date, but I've never been able to get in bed early enough.  Even so, it was one of the best nights of my life. :)

**5**

Almost 8 months now, Dominic is officially mobile.  But it appears the only reason he is "crawling" is so he can get to something and pull himself up to standing.  The days of carefree leaving baby in the other room while I do something are over!  While I am a little scared, watching him grown and learn new things has been the coolest thing ever.

**6**
Last night Geoffrey, my loving husband, spent the night with our little guy while I was at youth group.  He always does such a good job taking care of his son when I am away (which isn't often).  I got home last night and our little guy was in bed!  I don't think that has ever happened before.  Kudos daddy!!

**7**
Speaking of last night, we had Jr. High Youth Group and it was lots o fun! (I am a Director of Youth Ministries for a wonderful Catholic Church.)  Our priest takes very seriously his call to be spiritual father to the Parish and as such does most of the teaching.  Last night he shared the Holy Father's message to youth from Oct 31, and it was amazing!  He spoke about how there is so much more to life than what we see here, and to not be afraid to step out from the mold to be something truly wonderful, a child of Heaven.  It was funny though, I realized that when Fr. L. teaches, I get so much out of it, maybe more than the kids.  I am grateful to have such a wonderful teacher and the kids are so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand about getting the house in order. Every time I think we only have a few more things to do, then we do them and I can think of a few more. It is never-ending! And that doesn't even take into account the big things I would love to do (redo kitchen and bathroom!). That's part of the fun of having a house of your own, I guess :) And it will be so great once you guys are in there, even if the house itself isn't perfect.

    How exciting about Dominic crawling around! You'll have to get a cage for him while you work ;)

    ReplyDelete