Background

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pin It Zuch

I've been on Pinterest now for a few months and I have to say, I love it!
My dear SIL had been telling me about it for quite some time,
but I'm always hesitant to new things so it took me a while to check it out.
Boy am I glad I did!
It is a place where I can catalog all the cool stuff I see on teh interwebs
like clothes, home decor ideas, crafts, etc.
Last night I was looking at other people's pins
and saw a recipe for Zucchini pizza.
We have tons of Zuch in our garden right now
and I never know what to do with it all.
I can only grill and stir fry it so much.
And truth be told, I'm not a big zucchini bread fan so I stay clear of that.
So when I saw this idea, I was so excited!
So tonight I decided to take the idea and make it my own, and it totally rocked.
We also have a bajillion green bell peppers so I used a few of them too.
Here's what I did, and you will have to forgive me as I'm kind of a creative cook and rarely measure things.

First I browned some Italian sausage and onion in a skillet.
While that was cooking I cut up the zuch into thick slices and the peppers into wide slices and put them on a baking pan.
I brushed them with a little bit of olive oil,
put them in the oven at 350, and cooked them for 5 mins.
I cut up some fresh basil parsley and garlic and added it to a can of tomato sauce.
When the sausage was done I added the tomato sauce to the skillet and
cooked until bubbly.
After the 5mins I took the veggies out of the oven and spooned the sauce mixture onto the zuch and peppers.

And of course, what kind of "pizza" would it be without cheese on top?
After I put some sliced mozzarella on each pizza, I put it back in the oven for another 15 or 20 mins, until the cheese is melted.
Srsly you guys, this was scrumptious.
So scrumptious I think I just might Pin It.
Dominic enjoying dinner.

4 comments:

  1. yum! This looks so good, I already pinned it and I think I know what we will be having for dinner tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! This looks delish.

    I keep thinking about checking out Pinterest, but wonder whether I need yet another way to waste time on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had some produce to try some of these things. Being 45 miles away has proven to be somewhat unfruitful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy-that was my hesitation too but it allows me to show what I was wasting time on the internet doing lol. Also so many times I would see something and say "I have to remember that." This way I will.

    ReplyDelete