Background

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moments to Cherish

Often in a week Dominic does many things that just melt my heart.
I say to myself that I want to remember these moments forever.
At the very least I should stock pile the memories to pull out when a certain someone starts screaming their head off.
So I thought I would share my favorites from these past couple days.

1. For the past couple months I've been trying to teach Dominic a very valuable life skill, and finally he's got it! I was such a proud mama!



In case you don't know what I am talking about, it is the "Ahhh" after he takes a drink.

2. The other evening I stayed up a little late but Dominic and Geoff were already asleep. After I exhausted every website I could ever want to look at, I decided I should probably get to sleep as well. Upon crawling into bed I saw my husband and son cuddled up all close to one another. I wish I had a picture! It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

3. Geoff taught Dominic to say "sit" and give a treat to our dog Payton. It is so cute and is actually more like "shii" but I love it! So yesterday I was telling my mom about it and said "Dominic say sit for grandma...sit". And Doc immediately dropped down and laid flat on his belly, imitating Payton who often just lays down when we tell him to sit. I laughed so hard and couldn't resist showing Geoff today. Sure enough, Dominic did it again.

4. Tonight we were saying prayers before Dominic went to sleep. Geoff and I were kneeling at the foot of our bed and Dominic was on the bed watching us. During the "Hail Mary" he went to his daddy and gave him a big wet kiss, and then came over to me and did the same. We haven't gotten too many kisses from him before, so it was a very special moment.

Being a parent is such an incredible blessing.
I want to make sure that at the end of the day,
 I look not at the work or trials that came with my vocation of motherhood,
 but rather the joys.
Tonight I go to bed very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment