Background

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Remembering Ellen

Yesterday (Oct 19) was the 1 year anniversary of the due date for our first child. Though she was only with us for a few short months before the miscarriage, I think about her often. It was so exciting to be pregnant with our first, and of course we expected everything would go perfect. It was devastating when it didn't turn out that way.  One moment I was pregnant, and then I wasn't. I found myself still dreaming about what it would be like to hold her, and what she would have looked like every day. At first people were very supportive but then I guess they figured I moved on, but I hadn't. Even to this day whenever I mention her I can tell people don't know what to think. I am so blessed to have my husband Geoffrey, who mourned with me.  For months, we were sustained by praying the rosary together and going to frequent adoration. It drew us much closer to one another and to God, and for that I am so grateful to Ellen. Dominic will grow up to know about his big sister in Heaven. I know she is praying for us as we always ask for her intercession and because of her, we will receive such graces! Thank you God for her brief, but precious life. I can't wait to meet her one day, I'm sure she is beautiful!

In memory of Ellen Mary Wells (Also known as B-Dub).

1 comment: