Background

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Out in the Country

For the past 6 months I have been living out in the country on the farm where I grew up. Very soon we will be moving into our house and whereas I am so excited, I will miss being out here.  I simply love it.  It is so peaceful and tranquil.  Seeing the night sky in all its glory from horizon to horizon never gets old.  Nor does looking at all the beautiful trees that my grandpa and dad have planted over the years.  I remember when I was younger, I hated it.  I was so far from my friends and it took FOREVER to get to town.  In the summer, I would get to go to town once a week, for Church, and we would do everything in one trip so we didn't have to go back.  During the week my friends would be going to the pool and I would have to stay home and tend to the garden.  Of course now, I am so grateful for the blessing of growing up among such beauty.  Out here, it is so easy to see and speak to God.

Here are some pictures I took these past 6 months.

The sunset down our driveway.


This screams summer in the country to me.













I don't know why I love this one so much.


Old school machinery.
 
And of course my cute little Dominic. 
He is sitting in front of an old windmill that blew over in a violent storm when I was little.  It was beautiful when standing, still is, now overgrown with raspberries and weeds.


Someday, be it God's will, I hope to end up back out in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment