Background

Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Indeed

Last Christmas I was expecting, and what a joyful time it was. I felt such closeness to our Blessed Mother as I awaited the birth of my child. It gave Christmas a whole new meaning to me as I felt my baby move and wondered when it would come, what it would be, and how this would change my life.

This year was a whole new experience, and a wonderful one. On Christmas day when everyone was sitting down to eat a wonderful Christmas dinner, I was in the other room rocking my baby to sleep, putting him down for a nap. For a second I wished I was out eating dinner, and then I decided I was going to enjoy the quiet Christmas moment just me and my son. And what a blessed moment it was! I meditated again on Mary and her sweetly holding her newborn Son. Gazing at his beautiful face, and thanking God for such a blessing I was grateful for spending my Christmas taking care of my beloved son and again I felt such closeness to our Blessed Mother. What a gift.

Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment